I just had a freaking FOX in my house!!!

sred98

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Oklahoma
WT Heck?!? The time had gotten away from me and it got dark (about 7). I open the door from my bedroom to the sunroom and hear something scrabbling out the cat door. I see the cat all poufed out on a chair and run outside in time to see the tail end of a fox disappearing over the chainlink fence. I ran back inside to get my gun and flashlight and he was just outside the fence! I ran towards him and he took off a little ways more. DS shot the .410 in the general direction and he took off.

The chicken barn was right there, and open. I don't know why he didn't go there. I did have a family of foxes at our other house that adopted our cat, but that was a long time ago, and a different cat. I'm just glad all the doors to the rest of the house were closed! I don't think it was rabid, because it ran away, wasn't aggressive, and didn't freak out when the light was shined in his eyes. It was very freaky, though!

Just had to share!

Shelly

th.gif
Glad everyone is safe... It could have been worse.

Thanks! It snuck in so quietly that the pit and boston terrier didn't even hear it! I doubt the pit would have done anything, but the 13 pound Boston has killed more than one fox since we've moved here! There would have been a blood bath if she'd heard it!

Shelly

Yikes. That is exactly why I will never have a cat/dog door. My guys will just have to ask to be let out, that way nothing else can let itself IN!

I had a friend who came in her front door and happily walked into her kitchen where a skunk was waiting for her with babies! She had to get professionals to come and deodorize her house. Not a super day for her.

Glad it didn't do any damage, hope you scared it enough that it won't come back.

That's rabies. That is TOO out of charachter for a wild fox. They do really stupid things like that when they are rabid. I'd make sure to kill that sucker and turn it's carcass over to the health dept. to let them check it. Watch your domesticated animals and make sure they are utd on vaccines. Scary!!

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking. He's a young fat cat about 5 months old. He was freaked out, but he still ran outside with me to chase it! The big doofus!

My last cat helped raise a family of foxes. He even helped them kill other cats! But that was at our old house. I'm sure these "country" foxes think cats are tasty!

I'm still in shock it was actually in the house.
th.gif

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom