I just had a freaking FOX in my house!!!

Talking about dog doors, I have always been afraid to have one for two reasons. Too many coyotes to snatch up the small dogs we have and what else could come in. A few weeks ago my neighbor had a skunk come through theirs and the dogs killed it in the house!!!! Think about that for awhile.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Fluffy, I almost wet my pants laughing so hard at that post...although I know the feeling, it would not be good. I had to get my christmas items out of the side attic last week and just thought about all the ppl. that had snakes in their house and I was scared to death...I made my boxer go in with me.

D'Angelo N Va. :

Quote:
Fluffy, I almost wet my pants laughing so hard at that post...although I know the feeling, it would not be good. I had to get my christmas items out of the side attic last week and just thought about all the ppl. that had snakes in their house and I was scared to death...I made my boxer go in with me.

One guy near us (this was on the news) found a freaking bobcat living in his attic.
lol.png
I kid you not, a BOBCAT. Not sure what came of that; it was illegal for him to shoot it.

Dang it, now I've probably made you paranoid.
gig.gif

D'Angelo N Va. :

Quote:

I was wondering how in the heck you got your Boxer in the attic?!?
idunno.gif
But then I reread and saw it was a side attic! LOL! I think the visual of someone pushing a reluctant Boxer up a rickety attic staircase is pretty hilarious!
gig.gif

I'm loving these stories! This thread has taken an unexpected turn, and I am loving it!!

Keep 'em coming!!

pop.gif

caf.gif

Shelly​

Quote:
From one ferret owner to another, this time I'm glad one was locked up!! How scary for all of you!

We lived in a rental house in Southern California that had a dog door, which worked well for our Cocker Spaniel and cat, but not so well for the 165 pound Bull Mastiff (thankfully). One morning, all the critters were in the house and we heard the dog door open. Seconds later, I hear a low throaty growl from the Cocker followed by the rapid fire attack bark. I was able to get to the steps in time to see the neighbor's cat hit the sliding glass door on its way out. With the Cocker closing in, it tried again and this time made it through the door. I can't imagine why but the cat never again came to visit us!
he.gif

Fox in the house? Nah, no problem. SO long as it's not around any pets it could harm, of course. Worst that will happen is it'll bite me, maybe leave a scar, I won't know if it's rabid, and I'll have to go get a rabies series. I hear they don't have to do those in the stomach anymore, so I'm no longer afraid of those. (And, if they DO still have to do in the stomach, let me remain delusional about it.)

Seriously, the only animals in the U.S. that I'm truly afraid of are Bears, Mountain Lions, Rattlesnakes, and Water Moccasins. Copperheads no longer scare me. After 17 years at my last home, I got to where I would just walk around them most of the time, so long as they weren't on the porch or in the house or something. (Yep, had a copperhead in the house once. The cats were PLAYING with it. Found snake skins in that house 3 times, too...) Coyotes & wolves don't scare me, so long as I don't have animals loose outside that they could eat.

I'll take a fox in my house anytime, rather than picking something up from a closet and finding a HUGE snakeskin...

Now, a bear in my house? That's another story. Had a family member who lived for years in an area with a lot of problem bears. They had bear get in more than once...

Back
Top Bottom