I just killed the monitor lizard that has been killing my goslings and ducklings and I cooked it

Revenge is a dish best served cold, or hot. It really depends on the recipe.:D
Darn, Ya'll are stealing my best comebacks.:gig
Our most prolific predators here are rats and possums. I'm not sure which one I would eat LAST in a pinch. Congrats on catching the Monitor. Keep an eye out for more to move in.

Closest I've had to lizard is gator. I eat coon all the time. I've eaten coyote before but didn't care for it. Ate bear 2 times, one was cooked badly but the other was good. Love rattlesnake, not really a chicken predator. I've had possum a few times but don't really care for it.
how is raccoon if you don't mind me asking?

i have eaten bear (which would be a chicken predator heck they kill my neighbor's cows)
there very good, smoked into ham.

how is raccoon if you don't mind me asking?
Here's a lesson in how NOT to cook a racoon.
I brought one home to my first (starter) wife and asked her if she would cook it for me (after I dressed it). She cut it in half, put the skinny end in a pan with some canned gravy and popped it into the oven. I should say here that one of her few saving graces was that she could cook very well when she wanted to. Needless to say the other half didn't get prepared and I learned to NOT bring home meat unless it was from the store.
I also gave up on hunting and fishing until I met the love of my life.

I still have one predator problem left and its rats. I won't eat a rat though. I plan to put my goslings in a cage and poison the small tight areas where the rats reside.
I bought some rat bait stations and put the bait in the bait stations and the bait station in a pet carrier or cage. The only things that can get to the baits are the rats. I haven't found any laying around dead but they have dug tunnels around the edge of the barn and around the coops. I think they went into their tunnels and died. The baits haven't been touched in awhile and I haven't been seeing any evidence of the rats.

I killed my 2nd monitor lizard and I saw another one lurking. I think there is a female lizard with a body filled with eggs and she is the source of predators in the neighborhood. I tried making "pulled lizard" from my latest catch. The ones I caught are always males.

The rats are gone, when you cage the ducklings, chicks and goslings, The monitor lizards target the rats instead. I release the baby birds once they are 3 months old.

Back
Top Bottom