I just lost my best friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Thank you and everyone that has been so very kind.
I just got some eggs in the mail. Opie loved the
chicks, so this hatch is for him, Thanks Sam, they came in right on time.

I am amazed at the support here!
Thank you to all and each of you!

I am crying with you.

I honestly feel this loss with you because I know my days with my senior best friend are numbered. I am hoping the good memories will get me thru the loss.

A Dogs Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me. Do not break my spirit with a stick for although I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the worlds sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside..... for I am a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements..... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest... and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Beth Harris

Thank you.
It does come a time with our friends, I guess it was my boys time.
He as your's has lived a great life, I just never thought it was
going to be up so soon!

Sorry to hear to about your little buddy. I've had a few special ones over my life time. I still miss them today and they hold a special place in my heart.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks so sweet! Looks like you two had lots of fun together.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry you lost your friend. From the pics it looks like you had great times together - cherish those memories and he lives on.

aww. What a sweetheart. So sorry for your loss.

I am also part of the geriatric pet club: female shep mix and an old cat.

Your doggy was blessed to have a pal like you.

Sincerely,
Gretchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom