I Just Love Raccoons..............Dont You???

xfilesnumber1fan

Songster
11 Years
Nov 24, 2008
Missouri
JUST LIKE THIS...This one WAS CAUGHT LAST NIGHT ...
19025_00004.jpg

I live in Missouri does anyone know the law about killing these things???

Edited for language. Please keep things family-friendly. Thanks! ~Lisa~

Last edited by a moderator:
Laws vary from state to state. Check with your game commission or your county agent.
A lot of my friends here on BYC dispose of them in various ways. I trap them in the same trap as you have, then transport them at least 10 miles away, across several highways and a river, spray paint their tails yellow so I am sure I don't get the same one back within a period of time.
Regardless, they are definitely in the predator class for BYC'ers and unwanted, and in spite of being cute, the adults can be quite mean and vicious, in addition to being destructive and chicken killers. I would say just be sure they don't return whatever it takes. Good luck!

Quote:
Not very cute when they rip your ducks head and neck through a fence and rip a wing off another..Only becuse they like to kill for fun...

Quote:
He so darn mean you cant even get near the cage I had no idea how strong and powerful and quick they are!!My neighbor came over and was a few feet from the cage and it lunged at him knocking the cage over sideways...

Last edited:
Yeah, I love raccoons so much that I raise them along with my chickens. They all live in the same coop and run together peacefully. They're really good guards against predators and would fight off anything attempting to get my chickens. They only eat cheap dog food and cleanup after themselves. I'm going to enter mine in the state fair next year. The rooster and they get along fine together too.

Back
Top Bottom