I just ordered 19 Chicks from Ideal!!!

I love chickies. I'm looking forward to the next feed store run to see what they have in. They order from Ideal, and the chicks I got last year are big girls now. I've got new chickies in the brooder. I forgot how fast they grow. The buff orps are easily twice the size of the silkies at two weeks old.

Quote:
I read this to my hubby (the boy's in the same boat as yours, 2dream!), and he said that he needs to start a support group for all the SOs of BYCers. He said they all need to get together to figure out ways to "curb" our behaviour....hehehe, good luck, sucker!
lau.gif

=I read this to my hubby (the boy's in the same boat as yours, 2dream!), and he said that he needs to start a support group for all the SOs of BYCers. He said they all need to get together to figure out ways to "curb" our behaviour....hehehe, good luck, sucker!
lau.gif

And my wife thinks I spoil my ladies. Just because they get oatmeal every am, and other goodies at supper if we have something they can eat.
lau.gif
I down loaded a Bob Rivers song today just to make her laugh after she had given me a hard time about the attention i give the ladies. It is called "When a man love a chicken" sung to a Micheal Bolton song "When man loves a woman"
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I'll mention this thread to her

Farmer MacK
cool.png
love.gif
D.gif

All the SO's out there just might as well get use to it. After mine got over the initial shock he actually got kind of excited and helped me finish my brooder today. We will see how he feels when he has to build this Chicken Castle I have designed for him. He may be coming to this forum looking for that support group. I will post pics of my new brooder as soon as I figure out how to resize my pics.

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

I got my 9 little chickies in Friday and all 9 were dead. They were little fuzzy frozen popcycles.
sad.png
There were no roos in there for warmers just the 9 chicks. These ones were real cool looking too. (no pun intended) It was down to 10 degrees here on Thurday night and the poor little things froze to death along the way.

They said they would send another batch of replacements next week but I will have to see what the temps will be like here then. It is supposed to warm up to the high 50's to low 60's next week but I gotta see what it will be like for Friday's forcast before I decide to get them next week or just wait a little longer or when it stays warmer.

Bummed out that these didn't make it..........

Jayare

Jayare's Chicks :

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

I got my 9 little chickies in Friday and all 9 were dead. They were little fuzzy frozen popcycles.
sad.png
There were no roos in there for warmers just the 9 chicks. These ones were real cool looking too. (no pun intended) It was down to 10 degrees here on Thurday night and the poor little things froze to death along the way.

Bummed out that these didn't make it..........

Jayare

Oh, this makes me nervous. I ordered 10 chicks for the second week in February delivery. I hope they make it!!

I'd be bummed too....​

Back
Top Bottom