I just ordered Fly Predators!!!

I've read about them and considered it numerous times, but like you... I too want to hear stories!! Let me know how your work out!

Last edited:
I've been using them for 3 yrs now and wouldn't live without them. I didn't realize how great they worked until after the last shipment last fall. We had an unusually hot fall and I had houseflies for the first time about a month afterwards. I added more shipments this year (and more animals) so hopefully it'll work out.

I free range my chickens and ducks, so I hang the open bag in a tree near the paddock so the chickens don't munch them. I also pour half of them in the big manure pile that's far enough away that the chickens don't reach it.

I do wish they worked on water breeding flies and mosquitos as well, but they almost completely eliminate the manure breeders for me.

They are a tiny gnat sized bug and enemy of all manure breeding flies. They come in a bag and you spread them wherever you have manure, they attack fly larvae and pupae. I got some from Valley Vet.

Quote:
Oh mercy, I have GOT to get me some of those!

We live at a feedyard, there are 125,000 head of cattle right outside my front door. Just imagine the flies
hmm.png

I should also say that the company is very easy to deal with and they will work with you on an individual basis to determine what will work in your situation. They also stand by the quality of their product and do guarenty(sp) live shipments.

so can they be used for chickens, too??? All I saw in the description was horse manure as an example....and if they replenish themselves, why would you need to add more each month????

Back
Top Bottom