I just rehomed 3 birds and I feel bad about one :(

She has been gone since late last night, and she was only with 2 other birds. The 3 younger chicks are still not big enough to put in with the bigger ones yet.

Couple of things. First when you bring her back you should still be quarantining her so by the time she rejoins there won't be the same feelings toward her from the other birds. In fact she may get picked on.

Second they are probably worried a lot less than you are. When we had to rehome our rooster I thought his favourite girl would look for him. Turned out he was forgotten the minute we drove out the gate. I couldn't tell in any way that they even noticed he was gone. She will adapt and forget and so will her buddies.

Which means if you go and get her only do so if you are doing it for you. Don't stress if you are doing it for her.

She only has 2 other hens she lived with, there are 3 younger birds that they still chased, so they are separated but they do free range together. My other hen seems agitated since she's been gone, maybe I'm just noticing her behaviors now since I miss her. Idk... How long is quarantine? I guess I can research that now too. Thanks for the advice/reply

Oh, I went and saw her today and I swear she was looking at me with sad eyes lol. She seems to recognize at times, my babies voice? Is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom