I just set eggs this morning 3-13-12 Has anyone else?

I set 8 eggs on the 13th--4 from a lavender/blue Orpington pen and 4 from a coronation/light Sussex pen. I'm excited--first hatch in my first incubator (Genesis 1588). I've come a long way from the first chicks I got last October. lol

I have already planned on what I am going to buy next to hatch. I am ordering them as soon as these guys into lockdown. I think I am addicted already and have yet to even be successful:)

I had my first hatch in Feb, had the current eggs in the bator lined up for the March hatch, in Feb, I have eggs to pick up for the April hatch, haven't decided yet for the May hatch. Yes, it is totally addicting. We should have a "hatchers anonymys" on here!

I have already planned on what I am going to buy next to hatch. I am ordering them as soon as these guys into lockdown. I think I am addicted already and have yet to even be successful:)

yuckyuck.gif
and true. I'm already thinking of hatching some bantam cochin eggs from Luckypickins. Her birds are so beautiful. Guess I need to see what happens with this hatch and also make some room. I'm trying not to go over having 20 birds.

I need some "chicken friends" as all my friends think I am nuts as all I can talk about is my new incubator...my new chick....my new brooder box....etc....:) Oh, well. I figure I could be doing a lot worse things:)

its a funny thing you either get it or you dont. I've loved raising poultry my whole life. Wife thinks i'm nuts. She even refuses to eat the fresh eggs we get. She says "doesnt something have to be done to the eggs before we eat them? i said "ummm wash them maybe". Lol city girl

Yeah I know what you mean my friends and coworkers even my husband and my kids think i'm nuts.

I grew up on a horse farm. My dad never would let me have anything but horses. I used to beg him for chickens or ducks. Now that I have my OWN farm, I have what I want:) And I love all of my birds. I can't wait to get to the barn every morning to feed them. They ask for so little and give so much in return. My husband will often shake his head and say "I wish I was a chicken...you never just stare at me and smile like that." He doesn't get it:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom