I just sold my first eggs!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tntchix, Oct 30, 2014.

1. I have been giving them away to friends and neighbors, but today one of my oldest friends insisted on "buying" 3 dozen!!![​IMG] It's official, we are in this chicken thing now.

2. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Sweet! What ya charging? Feels good eh?When the young ones get to laying I will start selling them to the Heath food store :D

3. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Sanilac County,Michigan
    [​IMG]

4. It's awesome to see it come full circle or almost, when I finally get to hatch some it will be complete.

I charge $2 a dz. It's the going rate around here, which is fine. I will also donate to whomever is in need when all 27 are laying. As of now we have 7. Just got a new egg today!

It should be rapidfire now as all are same age and at point of lay. Just in time for *powdered sugar* or shall we say cold weather precipitation?

Oh and the $$$ went into dd pocket. She is celebrating. So much for framing her first dollar earned as a business owner. LOL

5. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Awe that's sweet!

6. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I put out a sign recently, and have been selling all the eggs my girls produce. It doesn't help that they've cut way back. 15 girls have been giving me 4 - 5 eggs/day. So, last night I gave them a light set to go on at 5:30 AM. The thanks I get? Got 2 eggs today!

7. They were sleeping in. [​IMG]

8. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Congrats!!! Love that feed money!

Quote:
    Course you do know that supplemental light can take weeks to have an effect......and is best to increase slowly?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  9. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] congratulations!

10. Thank you[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by