I just want to say HI!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Mar 26, 2012.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have been away for a bit, not posting much - life kind of bit us in the butt. One other thing kept me away, but that got straightened out.

I really kinda miss just yacking here with other chicken people. We had started getting rid of most of the chickens because they are old and have outlived their production period. Then I realized, that one can't go, I hatched her. That one can't go, she is too funny. Oh that one can go! Buh BYE!

Hehehe - DOWN to about 40 birds. What in the world were we thinking with all those birds?

2. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Did you forget chicken math? LOL

3. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Well hello!!!! :)

4. debilorrah

Apparently, as we are thinking more soundly now. Need more Buff Orps. They are friendly and poofy and lay big eggs. [​IMG]

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Hi........;). As a wife of a Husband with a respitory illnesses, I completely understand.... Things get crazy, you get crazy..... Lol... and time disappears .

6. debilorrah

It did disappear. I got wrapped up in life and BYC went away, for the most part. I have to say I miss being here. With Ken's illness it may not be on a regular basis. But TONIGHT I am here. WOOT!

7. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    You are missed!

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

HUGELY! Now, about those BOs.... Love my orps... And the Buffs are the best! Not the prettiest (the Blues are stunning) but the friendliest and oooh scrumptious eggs. Only had one all this time but hatched six for the NYD Hatch, and "only" three are cockerels. So I'll soon have three more laying BO sweethearts.

9. debilorrah

The feed store is getting some BO's in on the 4th. I need to make sure Ken is there when they arrive because those sell fast!!! I haven't had fuzzy butts in ages. I saw some at the other feed store and knew I had to get some. Those were a straight run and I am a rooster magnet. I had to give up hatching because I would set 24 eggs and get 23 roosters.

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You and Ken take a drive up here to wine country and I will GIVE you these two little BO pullets. They are old enough to tell 'em from the cockerels, plus any others from the NYD Hatch you want.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by