I just witnessed.........The Craziest thing.....Duck/Goose cross ????

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
My Kahki Campbell DUCK BREEDING my Mix breed GOOSE!!!!!
ep.gif
lau.gif

My 4 year old daughter came RUNNING to me and said i must come see what is happening...she said...Willis is balancing right up on Gretchens Back!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Is this possible??? Well I mean, I know it possible because I just saw it with my own eyes, but can they sucesfully breed together?????

I am editing to add that I just searched and searched to see what I could find on the internet and came up with nothing......

Last edited:
I have a "married" runner drake and chinese goose couple. They were raised together and are very bonded, though he cheats on her with the other geese.
This time of year drakes don't care who or what they mate with. A vent is a vent as far as they are concerned. Of course, no offspring will result.

a vent is a vent LOL - my drake is the living proof of that he tries to breed with my chickens - so now they are in a duck only yard !!

can you picture the mix that would make duck/chicken
tongue.png

Julie

Ok then...LOL

I guess I will just let them be happy....
lau.gif

This was just so bizarre to me...Hahahahaa

I was getting excited...I looked it up and ducks and geese are in the same family and subfamily so i was starting to hope that maybe I would have something different here...

A duck and goose cannot cross. A duck and a chicken cannot cross. And also a goose and a chicken cannot cross.

There is a major size difference, and also they are a whole different species. Its like a horse and a cow mating... they can mate, but cannot produce fertile offspring.

Also, they have differing numbers of paired chromosomes and genes.

Ducks and geese will even try to mate chickens and turkeys! None of those eggs would be fertile though.

A horse and a donkey can mate, they have a different number of paired chromosomes, so the resulting off spring will be sterile. Same with horse or donkey with a zebra.

Just an aside, but my brother. . . don't know what he was thinking. . . was wondering what a cross between a horse and pony would be . . . a horny? Don't worry I explain it all to him.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom