*@#$ I killed another one!!!!!

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
That's it! I went to feed the chicks in my real large brooder which was a welping box. Well, when dh built it he put a guillotine type door, yeah you know where this is going. They always run away, but one friendly little guy(ancona) decided to hop up at the door and I didn't have a good grip and it barely opened, obviously just enough. He got stuck!
hit.gif
I have this horrible head cold and trying to get kids to bed, but no matter what I give myself for an excuse it doesn't make me feel any better because I should have been more careful.
I am afraid to open the brooder, and I dare not lift the lid cuz I will probably slide it crooked and crush half of them :thun I QUIT!

Krista

I feel your pain!!! Please don't quit!!! Just make DH build "a better mouse-trap" and tell him because of his obvious design flaw...you are getting twice as many this time around!!
smile.png

--believe me, I've had those "I can't believe I just did that" moments....you're in good company!!

Oh, yeah, neck all swollen terribly. I did hope for a short time but it didn't last.
sad.png

Please dont be too hard on yourself
hugs.gif
We all try our best- but accidents will happen and thats just a part of the whole shebang. Dont give up- just have DH modify the brooder design. And get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids
smile.png
Hope you feel better soon...

thanks guys, I am going to be a wreck when my black copper marans hatch. I hatched 17 ancona, not sure what I was going to do with 17 so I gave 7 away and hoped for a trio out of what was left. I killed 2 so now I am down to 8. I didn't want to drop numbers THIS way.
sad.png

Krista

hunny it happens... dont give up! believe me... been there done that!
hugs.gif

and tell him because of his obvious design flaw...you are getting twice as many this time around!!

lau.gif
gig.gif

Been there and done that too LOL.... just ordered 75 that are being dilivered this week and next
jumpy.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom