I Killed My Rooster Today, It Broke Me

Today was a very grim day, I killed my Rooster who I had raised and showed pictures of here. I loved him so dearly, and this truly cut deep. My neighbors were calling in animal control on him, even with his collar, and no one was willing to home him or able. Animal control told me he would be euthanized and... I chose he deserved to die by the hand of someone who loved him and would care for him after. I haven't cried or screamed like that ever, even at the death of family members, I sounded like a wounded animal. He was my baby, and I... did that. A horrid mark of karma on me as a failed monk now. There was so much blood, and he... died in my arms after. I buried him, and gave him a cairn as none of my birds were ever meant to be eaten. I feel so numb now, but... A small gift came, this very same day as well my smallest hen Kos laid the first egg of my three hens, and with Paarl having likely mated them all I am hopeful that he will have sired some chicks. I will miss him dearly, and never forget him. I'm trying to keep strong, but I am struggling. Thank you for sharing. Here is an image of him in his honor, and the first egg today. Goodbye Paarl.

View attachment 3020740View attachment 3020741
I am so sorry. He was a fine looking fella and is well honored with the cairn and maybe some babies to come.
Meanwhile, be kind to yourself, you cared for him well up to the end.
:hugs :hugs

That poster has been reported. No need for that on this thread or anywhere else
Super Trip!
Feeling Myself Fashion GIF by Walter Mercado

Today was a very grim day, I killed my Rooster who I had raised and showed pictures of here. I loved him so dearly, and this truly cut deep. My neighbors were calling in animal control on him, even with his collar, and no one was willing to home him or able. Animal control told me he would be euthanized and... I chose he deserved to die by the hand of someone who loved him and would care for him after. I haven't cried or screamed like that ever, even at the death of family members, I sounded like a wounded animal. He was my baby, and I... did that. A horrid mark of karma on me as a failed monk now. There was so much blood, and he... died in my arms after. I buried him, and gave him a cairn as none of my birds were ever meant to be eaten. I feel so numb now, but... A small gift came, this very same day as well my smallest hen Kos laid the first egg of my three hens, and with Paarl having likely mated them all I am hopeful that he will have sired some chicks. I will miss him dearly, and never forget him. I'm trying to keep strong, but I am struggling. Thank you for sharing. Here is an image of him in his honor, and the first egg today. Goodbye Paarl.

View attachment 3020740View attachment 3020741
If he did sire some chicks and you hatch them, there are bound to be roosters in those. So have a plan before you need to cull them too. Don't do that to yourself again

Back
Top Bottom