I knew I wasn't suppose to but I did anyway..

taraann81

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Ontario
I have been collecting my Muscovy hens eggs for about 7 days(My first time incubating). I was in contact with a person who was suppose to sell me some more Muscovy eggs. I only have white Muscovies and he has blue and I wanted some colorful Muscovies. Well he didn't follow through on our deal yesterday when I was suppose to put them in the bator. So I thought oh well that deal fell through and I put my eggs in first thing yesterday morning. Well this evening he called I got the eggs and put them in the bator. I couldn't resist so now I will have a slightly staggered hatch. I was wondering if since they are only like 36 hrs apart would it be very detrimental to stop turning all the eggs 3 days before the first ones are due to hatch? So that would mean stop turning the newer eggs 4-5 days before they are due to hatch? I do not have a separate incubator for hatching. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks
Tara

You can technically stop turning them after 12 days b/c that's when the chicks start moving on their own, so they should be fine if it's just a day or so early.

Okay great and thank you. I was a little worried this being my first time I wanted everything to go well. I just couldn't help myself!

I had forgotten about the stop-turning rule and turned mine until I had a pip in three of them...no problems with any of mine!

I had one quitter from one batch of 8, one quitter from a batch of four, and one from a third batch...which had come from a very very bad source to begin with where less than 5% were viable in the first place (only three out of 18 made it past week 1, and only 1 of those made it to hatch day without stinking).

The first two had very very very healthy ducklings!

Good luck on your scovies!

Back
Top Bottom