I know I am being selfish and it drives me crazy but I can't help it..

Just my 2 cents... Perhaps it may not be the best thing to send him this link. This is an issue between the two of you and he may feel betrayed that you would discuss this with "strangers" (even though we're your friends) before talking to him about it.

You mentioned that he has done nothing but text you since he got there... Do you think he may suspect how much that is ticking off Mommy-In-Law Dearest???
wink.png
He is letting her know exactly where his head and heart really are!

Quote:
That is true and I hadn't really thought about it that way. However, he does understand I have a real need to talk about my feelings with people. I think he just excuses that as my "femaleness". LOL

Honestly, I don't think he has a clue it would bother her.
smile.png
He really is THAT slow!!!! LOL He is doing it because it always depresses him to go there for Thanksgiving and not have his family. He will be VERY clingy after he gets back. Constant texting, longer than normal phone calls. Always is.
smile.png

Justusnack.....that is too cute.
smile.png
Your fil sounds like a doll.
smile.png

Sorry you're having a tough Thanksgiving. As far as your husband, Momma's boys are not born that way. They're made by a level of semi-abusive dominant control that's hard to walk away from. Sounds like he's trying. If you sit down and really discuss it, he probably resents her behaviour as much as you do. I like the kindness idea someone offered. I'd do it with cards and flowers(from as far away as possible).
big_smile.png

Quote:
That is true and I hadn't really thought about it that way. However, he does understand I have a real need to talk about my feelings with people. I think he just excuses that as my "femaleness". LOL

Honestly, I don't think he has a clue it would bother her.
smile.png
He really is THAT slow!!!! LOL He is doing it because it always depresses him to go there for Thanksgiving and not have his family. He will be VERY clingy after he gets back. Constant texting, longer than normal phone calls. Always is.
smile.png

Justusnack.....that is too cute.
smile.png
Your fil sounds like a doll.
smile.png

I agree with sunnychooks. It's probably best to let this stay between you and anonymous cyber folk. Besides calling him "slow" you also wished ill-will upon his mom:

Quote:
I'm sure he'd probably write it off as you being upset and all but he might not. Best to just have a heart to heart when you can get him on the phone and when the kids have gone to bed. Sometimes it's better to get all the angry's out and approach it when you've had a moment to work through it on your own.

Oh, trust me, he knows he is slow in these areas and that would probably be the least of his worries. He is wonderful and knows I think so, too.
smile.png
As for wishing ill will on his mother I already told him the only thing I regret about her visit that ended in the hopsital was that she came out of the hospital alive. He knows I eagerly await that late night phone call. He knows why I hate her and he totally agrees with me. However, I will probably just talk to him. I know I need to.

mamaKate is right, it comes from years of being controlled and at least mentally abused by this woman. She is an evil person. Period.

Oh, and I am sure there are some who think I am awful for truly wishing harm on his mother. There are VERY few people in this world I truly hate. She is one.

I think this sums it up.....once when visiting with his sisters, his oldest sister said "alright, you guys tell me who the 3 biggest bi***es in our family are". Both of his sisters put their mother at the top of the list. He refused to play.
sad.png
Her father (my hubby's grandfather) spent a couple of weeks with us. Remember I said her mother was evil too. He said to my husband "when your grandmother died I learned how to live". Her mother used to rule the family and now she does and NONE of them like it. I just don't understand these people.
idunno.gif

OMG! I haven't read all of the posts, but my blood boiled
somad.gif
when I read your situation! My MIL isn't much of a prize, but she's not quite as awful as yours. I can't even imagine how hurt you must feel.

My parting thougts:
rant.gif
to her AND
hugs.gif
to you!

what is it about MIL's....is there a secret camp they go to, to learn how to be total Bi**hes?..

my outlaws are nasty too...I dont want to hijack yr thread so i will tell the short version...

my DH was adopted and i found the bio family, the adoptive family found this info out and they dumped him like a hot potato

If there is such a camp my MIL ran it.
barnie.gif
I really dispise anyone with a black heart and selfish..selfish controlling ways. Thankfully my DH gets her act and supports me 100%. His brother is on the other end and his wife dumped him within 3 years because he was such a momma's boy. She is devious, backstabbing and a fickle friend.
You have every right in the world to be resentfull, hurt & angry.
These men just have a tough time facing momma down.
It is frustrating for you now, but 15 months will pass and I hope really FAST for your sake.

Back
Top Bottom