I know somebody knows whats wrong

HOTONE

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 15, 2012
Peachland North Carolina
mone of our roosters feet are red and looking raw. When he walks it looks like he is high stepping. When she stops walking he lifts his foot up. It looks painful and ii am wondering what I can put on his feet and what is the problem. He wont stand still long enough to take a pic. Is there such thing called foot rot? Please help me...he needs his feet!!!

mone of our roosters feet are red and looking raw. When he walks it looks like he is high stepping. When she stops walking he lifts his foot up. It looks painful and ii am wondering what I can put on his feet and what is the problem. He wont stand still long enough to take a pic. Is there such thing called foot rot? Please help me...he needs his feet!!!
Without a photo or two, it'll be difficult to figure out what's going on with your roos feet. Check the bottom of the feet for a round dark in color scab. If you see one, it's bumblefoot.

Unfortunately, what he has may be incurable. Here's a link which shows something similar. I recommend that your read through the whole thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/340742/once-again-treating-my-roos-legs-for

Cas, you and I should have gone to vet school.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom