I know they are all different but when will Andie lay????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by happyhappy, Oct 11, 2010.

1. happyhappy

happyhappy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Napa, CA
    I have two Black Australorps which are both 27 or 28 weeks one is ready and has done the egg dance for me the other may be a roo? But Andie the one thats ready has run in the coop singing like she needs my help, changing boxes, but always for not. When I leave she does also. We have done this for 3 weeks now?

I also have two light Brahmas same age that have pretty much the same story.

Not that I need more eggs, I have two barreds and one buff that are like clockwork. But it just hurts to see Andie needing to be a mommy soooooo bad!

Anyone have any answers! Thanks.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A couple years ago I had a rock and RIR wait till they were 33/35 weeks old. They both started laying the second week of December.

It will happen in its own time.

Imp- in the meantime, any chance they are laying in secret?

3. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Oh, I can relate. My Sultan stated around 22 weeks, then my buff Cochin started about 4 weeks later. I have a Sebright who has YET to lay an egg, they are all hatched at 2/23/10. Every chick lays at their own rate. I am hoping everyone will be laying by the end of the month, but now the Sultan is on strike, probably due to the cold weather.

4. elieugene6

elieugene6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    I can definitely relate. I have a sq black bantam cochin who has yet to lay at 7 months and a WCB bantam polish who is 8 months and no egg from either. I am going nuts. I swear they are conspiring to send me to the nuthouse. Good luck hopefully yours won't take this long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by