I know they are young but, what do you think?

careeka22

Songster
Jul 29, 2016
Aylett VA

I'm pretty sure my easter egger chick is a rooster. I know they are only 5 weeks but "he" named Curry is significantly bigger (and weighs more) and under his chin his wattle is bright red and bigger than all the others. He is actually my favorite and we plan to keep him as long as he behaves.

Also can you tell me what breed the brown and black one is next to him? I have two black ones, one is solid with white on the chest and then her. They said one was a sex link but I can't remember what she told me the other was!

Thanks!

Hope you have some helpful replies! I am not that good with sexing them but the chick sounds male... but if you can, put the chick on its back in your hand and if the chick pulls its legs to itself, its a female and if the chick sticks one leg out and other leg in.... it should be a male! I hope this is helpful lol! xxx
jumpy.gif

Hope you have some helpful replies! I am not that good with sexing them but the chick sounds male... but if you can, put the chick on its back in your hand and if the chick pulls its legs to itself, its a female and if the chick sticks one leg out and other leg in.... it should be a male! I hope this is helpful lol! xxx
jumpy.gif

Yes it is, thanks! I'll try that tonight.

Hi, did it work? I hope it worked! They look about 4 and a bit, weeks old.... and yours are adorable!
smile.png

Sort of lol, he kind of freaked a little so I didn't want to traumatize him too much. He is so sweet and friendly and my favorite. One leg did stick out, at this point I'm 100% sure he is a he. His wattle is really coming in now, his feet are twice the size of the females. I hope he stays this sweet. He likes his belly scratched : )

I so happy it worked out!
thumbsup.gif
Yeah they always freak out LOL then they start screaming in their language and make you stop because you are afraid it hurts but it dosn't really!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom