I know this has been discussed before, but,

It's still peeping a lot, but not as loudly as last night. It just sits there poking it's beak out of the same spot over and over. I'm waiting for now, but I'm thinking it's going to need more help. I'm not sure it can move around on it's own. There was no blood when I zipped the shell.
This is so hard. I don't want to help it if it isn't ready, but I don't want to leave it too long and have it die, either.

You can very carefully start to remove the membrane but if it starts to bleed stop immediatly. I had to help out one chick where the membrane too dry and was like rubber and it did fine.

Well, it's working really hard to get out! I did remove some more shell but stopped because there was a little bit of blood. Then it started trying to push its way out. It has managed to split the membrane open so the little "lid" formed by the zip is separated from the rest of the egg. It's still moving and pushing, but not peeping. Should I be worried? Is it just too busy to peep?

It's out! I removed a little bit more shell and then left it alone because it looked like it could do it, and it did. I should say it's mostly out because its butt is still in the shell, but the head and most of the body are sprawled out on the washcloth. It's mostly resting, but then it wiggles out a bit more. If all goes well from here, we should have a fluffy duckling by morning!
I candled the other egg, and it looks like it's dead, but if I can just get one out of this so my other duck won't be lonely, I'll be happy.

jumpy.gif
Yay for one baby! Poor little thing and poor you! How stressful!

I am sorry about your other lil eggie.
hugs.gif

It may also be resting! I had a few that I had to help out and they (we lol) would work a while and then sleep a while. I had one with my help took 2 days to hatch and when it finally got out it slept for hours!!! It was exhausted! Sometimes they just hang out in the egg to finish absorbing the yolk. I have also found that if I hang a really bright light above my bator it helps keep it awake and moving. Good luck with your little one.

Back
Top Bottom