I know what you're gonna say but I have to ask....

beautiful roo you've got there
wink.png

It's All Good.
love.gif

Some things my neighbors told me when I notified them of my plan to rehome the crowing chick:
"But we like it, its cool!"
"It's so old fashioned, we look forward to it!"
"Oh quit worrying, its fine! It's cute! Beats my screaming kids!" (this neighbor gave me a gift set of rooster mugs)
"Its musical!"
"Reminds me of 4H when I was a kid!"

Our alderman came by to visit our rooster, saying he always kept one and he believes anybody with chickens ought to have the right to keep a rooster.

An extremely elderly woman comes by in her wheelchair, steered by her nurse, to visit with our rooster, and she says "Oh its lovely! Its a noise we'll (again) get used to, like the lawnmowers, the cussing kids screaming in the playground, the ambulances that pass by all day in traffic, except the rooster noise is JOYFUL"! She recalls many coops in many of this older neighborhood's yards, back to the 1930's.

Our rooster is a sweetheart. He gives me lovin every day when I get back from work, he's a snugglefuss. Lots of roosters are nice. I hope yours is, too.

Besides, a rooster is truly yardcandy. Have you looked up photos of prize roosters of his breed?

6chickens in St. Charles :

It's All Good.
love.gif

Some things my neighbors told me when I notified them of my plan to rehome the crowing chick:
"But we like it, its cool!"
"It's so old fashioned, we look forward to it!"
"Oh quit worrying, its fine! It's cute! Beats my screaming kids!" (this neighbor gave me a gift set of rooster mugs)
"Its musical!"
"Reminds me of 4H when I was a kid!"

Our alderman came by to visit our rooster, saying he always kept one and he believes anybody with chickens ought to have the right to keep a rooster.

An extremely elderly woman comes by in her wheelchair, steered by her nurse, to visit with our rooster, and she says "Oh its lovely! Its a noise we'll (again) get used to, like the lawnmowers, the cussing kids screaming in the playground, the ambulances that pass by all day in traffic, except the rooster noise is JOYFUL"! She recalls many coops in many of this older neighborhood's yards, back to the 1930's.

Our rooster is a sweetheart. He gives me lovin every day when I get back from work, he's a snugglefuss. Lots of roosters are nice. I hope yours is, too.

Besides, a rooster is truly yardcandy. Have you looked up photos of prize roosters of his breed?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having a rooster. He hasn't crowed yet. He does make a funny moaning sound when I pick him up (unlike the girls who cause a rukus) and of all my chickens, he is the quietest... for now. I am thinking he just hasn't found his "voice" yet.

My neighbors are quick complainers and I don't want the aggrivation or trouble. I have a friend at work that has a 80acre farm and chickens and he mentioned his rooster was getting old and mean. So I know he will have a good home and not be on someone's table. I just don't want to give this little guy up. He's so pretty....his feathers sparkle in the sunlight.​

Quote:
Oh wouldn't that be funny! What if a rooster was the thing that turned them into nice neighbors! SOME people complain because that's what they like to do, and there's no better reason for it, so they just complain, and natter, and boss and bully everybody around them into THEIR way of being. They have annoying little lists going on in their heads all the time, about their next litany of complaints, and how they're going about their complaints, and who they'll "get" next and how to back up their complaints with comparisons and data and factoids, they make an awful lot of noise, don't they? If they complain about a rooster, that would be pretty funny.

Have you ever heard, "Be careful what you ask for, you'll probably get it"? Or that minimovie "The Secret", in which the idea is that the universe gives you what you're always thinking about? Now let's think about those complainy neighbors.......... and their constant crowing...... what the universe gave them for their noise.......... Like attracts Like........... their neighbors bought hens but, GO FIGURE! THERE'S A ROOSTER MOVING IN NEXT DOOR?! Really, what're the odds?!

Back
Top Bottom