i lost 2 guinea hens

Jul 24, 2020
NY
I am heartbroken💔 to say that 2 of my guinea hens have passed one of them is candy one of the 2 chicks we hatched one night I went down there and she had passed the other is my favorite and friendliest guinea Rudolph he was such a sweet little bird he was always one of the ones who nobody liked his best friend is paul he loved to be by people unlike the others I loved him so much and a little bit ago we caught him and put him in our empty rabbit hutch they where in the barn for the winter so anyways his toe was bleeding I left to go buy some poultry wound spray when I got back he didn't look great but I thought It was because of the cold that's how he looked in the cold there was blood all over the rabbit hutch my dad held him while I applied the poultry spray but it was too late my sweet little boy died then and there surrounded by people who loved him I hope paul is ok without him cause paul gets harassed by the others

I am heartbroken💔 to say that 2 of my guinea hens have passed one of them is candy one of the 2 chicks we hatched one night I went down there and she had passed the other is my favorite and friendliest guinea Rudolph he was such a sweet little bird he was always one of the ones who nobody liked his best friend is paul he loved to be by people unlike the others I loved him so much and a little bit ago we caught him and put him in our empty rabbit hutch they where in the barn for the winter so anyways his toe was bleeding I left to go buy some poultry wound spray when I got back he didn't look great but I thought It was because of the cold that's how he looked in the cold there was blood all over the rabbit hutch my dad held him while I applied the poultry spray but it was too late my sweet little boy died then and there surrounded by people who loved him I hope paul is ok without him cause paul gets harassed by the others
I’m so sorry for your losses! We suffered a loss recently too and I still look for the missing bird every time I see the flock or walk in the woods. :hugs

no it's ok she is getting feathers
Oh, I didn't mean to imply anything mean. A lot of reports of losing goons this month. 😔 Unfortunately they aren't very resilient until they're abt 2 months old, once they're fully feathered. Until then they're more at risk of just abt anything.

Back
Top Bottom