I lost Henrietta last night !!! :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I lost my fav hen, Bugsy, I thought I would never get over it. I framed a picture of her and have it in my kitchen so I can remember how pretty she was.

I feel SO bad for you!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO sorry!!!!
hugs.gif

Yes, the hen house itself is open for free access. It will not be from now on!

Oh, good. Especially if you have some nice and very rare breeding stock... Gotta keep them safe.

I hope you get that possum before he does anymore damage. Possums make me shudder. YUCK.​

You can easily live trap a possum with one of those havahart traps. Put corn, cat food, eggshells, just about anything. Then if you're squeamish about killing it, you can drive way across the county with it and turn it loose. If you're really brave, sneak out there at night, and if you see it, bonk it over the head with a log or something. They'll play dead, and you can pick it up by the tail and haul it across town. You might try live trapping, just in case it's a coon or something.

Mrs.Puff :

You can easily live trap a possum with one of those havahart traps. Put corn, cat food, eggshells, just about anything. Then if you're squeamish about killing it, you can drive way across the county with it and turn it loose. If you're really brave, sneak out there at night, and if you see it, bonk it over the head with a log or something. They'll play dead, and you can pick it up by the tail and haul it across town. You might try live trapping, just in case it's a coon or something.

Oh, be assured, I have NO qualms about killing something that is destructive! It WILL DIE!
rant.gif

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss! Henrietta must have been very special to be so friendly. Good luck eliminating the possum... I hate killing anything but will to protect my critters.

Back
Top Bottom