I love being entertained by ducks

crj

Songster
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Rocky Point, NC
My ducks entertain me almost everyday. Their is always something they do, get into, learn all the time. They look like my little soldiers running in the yard. Just the other day I was feeding my six runners some frozen peas.
droolin.gif
Yep, they love them. Well, after a few hardy handfuls I look at the bigger duck as he sort of rolls his body (he's standing mind you) and I follow this motion till it reaches his head. Next thing I hear is.......... a......... DUCK BURP!!!!!!!
ep.gif
I swear, this duck burped!
gig.gif
Not once, not twice but a few times.
lau.gif
Ok, I thought that was just a fluke thing until the next day. I went out to give the ducks some peas. Of course I forgot all about the burping duck. Well, sure enough...... that darn duck belched again.
lau.gif
It was the funniest thing. The duck thought nothing of it. I've heard them sneeze but never have I seen a bird burp.
gig.gif

The entertainment never seems to end. Thank goodness.......... LOL. Yes, this is the first time I've ever had ducks. Can't wait to see what other silly things they will do.
clap.gif
Gotta love it.
love.gif

Yea duck's are Awesome.I have 5 pekin and 5 mallard and a cayuga mix this year>least duck's I have ever had.They come to chicken yard which is facing kitchen sink.I Been doing the AFLAC jig to a couple lol.They look up to the sky
idunno.gif
lol.I love em to death.They sleep horse stall and the mallard's have been cheating flying out open window's early morn.Man We need a duck emoticon here too!WHAAACCCKKK AAFFFFWHACCCKKK.I have never given any of mine pea's.I have read a lot of post here about them.I did have one crazy duck once that would eat onion's.Im gonna try some pea's.

Great story, crj! I have eleven runners and they each have such personality! Time to go tuck the girls in for the night (remove feed pan, turn on electric fence).

Quote:
I always tell people -when they ask why I have chickens-that is is cheaper than paying for therapy! LOL

Lol!! yeah!!

Ducks are awesome!

I have 5 runners and jumbo pekin...my 1st ever ducks
lol.png

Bed time is my favourite time with my ducks. Before my bed time, I go in...yet again... to clean water and feed bowls and change puppy pads. I have had them just over a week..they are 12 days old
Anyhooo......they get all excited, you can hear the peeping echo all thru the house, they love bed time. The pads gets changed, fresh groceries and they go into a mass frenzie...they eat like there is no tomorrow, water is flicked all up the walls so to speak and then its a mass pecking fight to see who can get into the corners. 1st of all they Rearange the pads, pecking so much they sound like wood peckers...its like they are making their nest for the night then the wood pecking gets louder...in the end they are attacking each others feet to move each other out the corners and before I know it I have all 6 of them ontop of each other vaying for the best bed in the house. Squidge always wins with Bam Bam and Sly (these are my loony toon ducks) and the SANE ducks Truffy, Sipi and no name yet duck go to the other corner. All in all it takes a good 20 minutes to win the war of the corner and I sit and have a coffee and watch in amusement every night.

As I was laughing at my 3 today I was thinking while I couldn't imagine life without my dogs, there hasn't been a day that's gone by where the ducks aren't making me laugh.
I still have them on the deck during the day and every time one of them takes off running, the other 2 follow, even if that means leaping out of the pool, doing a belly flop on the deck and then running after. 3 little runner ducks sound like a heard of elephants running on the deck.

Tonight when I put them in their limo to go from deck to kennel for the night, I had to bribe with peas. I have to get Cadbury first or it's a struggle to get her in the limo. I missed. So I had to keep bribing her closer to me with peas. She finally found the dish of peas and was all happy with herself. I scooped her up and she yelled her displeasure... but not at being picked up for once, but at being removed from the dish of peas LOL
Then going from limo into the kennel (lip of the bin was on the edge of the kennel, so I just had to pick them up and place them in), as I was picking Ally up into the kennel, she's flapping her wings all happy like "I'm flying into the kennel - woo hoo"

They are more fun than a barrel of monkeys LOL

I have to agree with all of you. Ducks (along with all my other critters) is DEFINITELY the best possible therapy in the world. I also totally agree with all of you that they are awesome!!!!!!!! I think everyone should at least have a duck or a chicken as a pet or at least for eggs. You know they would turn into pets eventually......
lau.gif
!

dieselgrl48, you should really get some frozen peas, even grapes are good. I cut them in half since they sort of have trouble eating them. If you feed them by hand it's like getting a hand massage. Maybe you will find a bird in there that will burp....
gig.gif

tarheelmama7914, I know that laugh you speak of!
thumbsup.gif
One of my girls does that sinister laugh. She sounds like a laughing gull. They are a type of sea gull in case you don't live near the ocean. When I listen to the boys they sound like the frogs you hear at night
clap.gif
If only I could find someone near me that has female runner ducks
idunno.gif
I have 4 boys and only 2 girls
th.gif

TLWR, you are so funny. What does there limo look like?
lol.png
At feeding time it sounds like a stampede! I love my dogs still have them, I got chickens and thought how cool they were. Then I got ducks and had no idea they would be more funny then chickens. I can't imagine what will be next. Can anything top the humor of a duck? I already have 2 horses and yes I can say one cracks me up a lot. The other is just a love. I would like a Tom Turkey but my husband says we can't have anymore animals.......
hit.gif
Although, one might wander into my yard one day..... a young one possibly
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom