I love that chicken song!

Wateredgarden11

Chirping
14 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Sandusky, Ohio
I am so happy with my chickens! We are new to raising chickens and I am a city girl who has just learned to garden, can and now raise chickens in our small backyard.
We have six and they are 16 weeks old. Four days ago I heard this racket going on out in the run. Normally our pullets are quiet. I ran outside and one of our ladies was singing this loud buck buck baawwwk. Right below her toes was this beautiful little brown egg. Whoo hoo! I know its corny but sheesh..I felt like singing with her! We were worried that she would never figure out the nest box but that evening she sang for us again from the nest box! What a clever girl! Daily she has laid these perfect little eggs. Each day the egg size seems to be increasing. I am so proud of her. She is named after my mom..lol.
Hopefully our other chickens will follow her lead and all be singing for us soon and leaving us their eggs in the next box.
Just had to share this..I do not know which sound I love more..the ping I hear right after I have canned some fresh produce from my garen..or that lovely song my chicken sings. I sure hope when all six or our girls start singing ..they harmonize so our neighbors don't complain..
big_smile.png
I am still so new at this that each time I hear her doing her song..I start laughing. I hope the day never comes that I take that song for granted.

Isnt it wonderrful!!! Im a new chicken mama as of 24wks ago...we got ours at 3days old...my girls are laying...and I have beautiful huge roos!!! I picked up 4 eggs today!!! and I got to see my hen lay her egg...she sang...for awhile 15mins later she laid her egg, and I happen to see her doing it, inspecting it all wet she was...then after she laid it she sang again!!!! I caught it with my cell phone.

Aug 7th I have hatchings due!!!! have 33 in a bator as my bday gift...cant wait!!!! We are new to this also, and have a garden also...tomatoes, squash, onions, and peppers.

36033_chicken_lil2.jpg

36033_egg.jpg

I love the egg song, too. I'm not sure if all my girls do it, but if one starts up, quite a few of the others will join in. And often the roosters will toss in a crow or two. It's hilarious, awesome, wonderful and just lots of fun.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom