I love the internet!

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
So I went to a swap today, telling myself I was just looking. Came home with a pair of Bantams though, so they're the start to the re-start of the hobby.

Getting home, I set up a temporary free range area with a giant dog crate minus the bottom, cleaned out the old dog house (4x6, insulated, closing/latching secure screen door and all!) for night time.

Then was like... "Huh, I guess they need food". Feed store long closed, no ride anyways since hubby has the car.

So I went online shopping and got 2 bags of showbird feed, and a waterer (they keep flipping the water bowl I gave them) and it'll be here in 3 days. How convenient! Right to the door, $4.99 shipping.

In the meantime I've crumbled up bread, sliced up some veggies, cooked an egg, broke up the shell. Tossed in bugs when I found them during the outdoor cleaning. They ate this vine I HATE which I was real happy about, and they found it on their own! Also tossed in some clover and other weeds I recall my previous chickens eating.

They're "roosting" on some sticks I put in the cage, but I don't think I can get a roost into the doghouse by tonight. There was a nest box in there already... LOL... an old metal cooking pan with hay already in it, so I left that just in case.

But I had no idea you could order feed online! Almost ordered chick starter too, but don't want to get ahead of myself.

Randall Burkey Company, never used them before, but they had 5lb bags so that shipping wasn't so bad. They do have a special on shipping any size item though. It's better feed than what the nearest feed store offers, which is a choice between corn, chick starter, or layer pellets.

I got feed for showbirds, gamefowl, and "other" fowl, seemed fitting since it's just two game-type Bantams, and 50 pounds sure would last a LONG time.

Back
Top Bottom