I love the morning loot!

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Just a few from this morning...

Am happy to see that the middle row eggs are getting a bit bigger now (hens are new-ish layers), just disappointed that they're so pale but oh well... The girls are big, black and gorgeous so it's a trade-off
smile.png

eggs.jpg

Don't you just love getting eggs?

There's just something about popping open the nest door and there's an egg, or several.

I have one black sex link I saved from being the last chick left and the feed store wanted to break down the cages. She lays a WHOPPER of an egg every day. She was $2.99 and DH said from across the aisle, ohhhh nooo you don't need any more chickens as I grabbed her and headed for the check out lane, now he wants to have her egg for breakfast. INGRATE.

DonnaBelle

I am going to end up having two distinct flocks...

Feedstore sexlinks for the amazing jumbo eggs these girls lay, and the purebred chickens for enjoyment and beauty (can't sell their eggs since they're small, sporadically laid and boring in color).

Yep, mornings ROCK!

*waits impatiently for tomorrrow's treasures*

Yep you know your on a roll when your children wake you at 6am, beds made, curtains open, fully dressed, skillet on the stove asking if they can see how many eggs we get for brekfast today
smile.png
LOVE mornings and our chickens.

my loot yesterday morning was 14 very big duck eggs, one silkie egg, and one catalana egg...I had moved the ducks to a new area the preceeding night and they did not find the positively huge nesting dog houses that they have been using and layed the eggs all over the yard...this morning they are all gathered around the boxes waiting in line tho the houses are large enough that at times there are two at a time in them laying...funny stuff...duck egg omelet this a.m.!

I keep mine seperate from the chickens...ducks are messy and slime up the feed, the chickens scratch the feed all over the place from the duck feeders...together the mess between the species is just too much for me...maybe others have a better plan for co-habitation...

We have till feb to make a choice between co-habitating either a duck or a guina pig. Its my daughters choice for her addition this season LOL. Could make interesting adition either way.

Back
Top Bottom