I love watching my chickens scratch.

I really loved watching my biddy hen with her chicks. So fun! All her different clucks, she would cluck and a wave would run to her, sometimes for a grasshopper, sometimes for a 10 minute warm up! Darn cute. They grew up so healthy and strong, out in the sunshine and on pasture.

MrsK

I hustle home from work; reheat a cup of the mornings coffee; grab a comfy lawn chair, and decompress watching the girls. Love it, love it, love it and can't wait for the snow to go away and do it again.
cool.png

Its good to know that Im not alone. I can see how watching chickens is very therapuetic. Fish can't hold a candle to the relaxation that I get from watching my chickens. Does anyone know of a low maintenance breed that is good for free ranging? Ive heard that Penedesencas are good, also old English games.

I just adore watching my chickens. Today I moved my week olds out into the metal shed into two brooders. I just sat and sat, watching them scoot around inside the brooders.

Then, the older hens filed into the shed. They started dust bathing in the DE sprinkled everywhere and watched the babies too.

(Sigh of contentment.)

Rte.66_chicks :

It's known as the Chicken Channel, and there are no commercials!

Awesome! This is what I will tell my kids to do this summer when they have had enough TV! We can't wait until the snow is gone so they can free range in the yard again! (The kids and the chickens)
smile.png

Last edited:
I like to come home from school, throw my backpack inside and just sit outside on our outside picnic table and watch everyone clucking and scratching.
big_smile.png
It IS like a chicken soap opera....it's extremely entertaining when one chicken 'betrays' the other by stealing the others treat...
lau.gif
Or the mothers hen clucking 'I will get a genetic test! I'm telling you she's your chick! Not his!"
gig.gif

My DH asked why a 5 gal bucket was in the nesting coop. "is there a problem???" I shrugged
hide.gif
{I was watching Mama teach her ONE DAY OLD babies how to scratch.} It's a perfect spot to set awhile.

Back
Top Bottom