I love watching my chickens scratch.

Mgui35

Songster
9 Years
Dec 25, 2010
Sulphur Louisiana
I get great satisfaction watching my chickens scratch around in their brooder. They are only 5 weeks old but they love to scratch around. I imagine sitting in my rocking chair in a few months watching them scratching around in my back yard. Does anyone else get joy from something this simple or am I just weird that way.

I do too. So now we know you and I both do. I love my chickens. Have 6 in the brooder now and 24 in bator. Plus 14 outside.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Not weird at all. I sit out with my chickens everyday. They gather round and cluck & scratch. *sigh* so peaceful!
I love when they see me coming they all run to great me and lead the way back to the treats.
love.gif

i love sitting down outside and watching the chickens, sometimes i skip nap time with the kiddies (humans ha) just to watch the chickens antics!!
bun.gif

Me, too! I love observing all their behavior, changes in the pecking order, which ones are best friends....it's like my own chicken soap opera.

Some people watch fish in their fish tank, we watch our chickens! I get drawn into their little "chicken world", and I feel peaceful; not thinking about anything else for a while. It's chicken therapy, a lot cheaper than a shrink or pharmecueticals. (That's what I tell my husband when he points out that I spend more time/money than I get back from them in eggs.)

I love watching them too. It's so relaxing. Comical as well, esp when one finds something especially yummy and all the rest start chasing her. Silly chickens!
smile.png

Quote:
YES, we all do! Every spring we get threads about people setting up chairs outside just so they can sit and watch their chickens. It's called Chicken Therapy.

Back
Top Bottom