I made a mistake with humidity...

lutz123

Songster
Apr 10, 2011
Loudoun County - Hamilton, VA
I followed the advice I saw on raising humidity by heating water before adding it to the bator so the temperature doesn't drop...and I got it way too hot. I don't know why I didn't think through that if the water is over 100 degrees it's going to raise the temp inside with no way to quickly escape. The water was steamy but not boiling (but still probably close to 200 degrees I bet!) My bator was 106 degrees this morning, and likely had been all night long. I've done that once before and had a temp spike. No movement in the last 4 eggs (nor was there last time) so I'm going to pull them this morning.
sad.png

I have another batch of eggs to put in. Hopefully it will go better this time.

Last edited:
Dang if I didn't pull those eggs out for one last candling before opening them and swear I saw a tiny bit of movement in 2 of the eggs. They are guinea eggs so hard to see through but I even thought I saw an internal pip in one! I absolutely could be imagining things. Since I was already running my new Brinsea to stabilize (and had opened my LG wide open thinking I was done), I put in more water (hot, but not too hot!) put them in there quickly. There wasn't much movement, and looked to be too much room still in the bottom of the egg, but we'll see. I will be absolutely shocked.

I'll have to set these new eggs all in the LG to start with, and then move the chicken eggs over to the brinsea once I get it cleaned out.

Back
Top Bottom