I made hanging baby chick feeder/waterer

Wow! That is way cool!
cool.png
I just got some 3 month old Silkies and they are constantly turning over their water!

Hi! I finally got around to making my waterer and it works just fine! No leaking, I used a little of the plumbers tape while screwing the loop in. I don't have any pics yet but my waterer looks just like yous!

Plumber's tape! Awesome idea! I moved my feeder up higher this morning. They look like they got more leggy overnight
ep.gif

Quote:
Here's an idea. "They" make these sealing screws, used to screw down roofing, they have a screw with a concave washer and a rubber washer in there. The shape of the metal washer makes them naturally seal. They have a little hexagonal head, you can drive them with a nut driver or a ratchet with an extension. You put one of those in from the INSIDE of the bottle, and screw something onto the pointy screw-end now sticking up out of the top of your waterer, it can even just be a piece of wood you then stick a screw-eye or a hook into. Then you should have no leaks.

I like this idea, we have a lot of fairly useless little feeders/waterers around here, and this would make them useful.

Quote:
If you're into reaching in the bottle with a driver, how about using an eye bolt? The kind with nut threads, not woodscrew threads. put a nut and washer up the threads a half inch or so, shove the bolt end in the hole (in the outside bottom of the bottle) up to that nut and washer, perhaps put a dab of silicone (or calk or glue) between the washer and the bottle. Now reach up inside the bottle with another nut (on the end of that nut driver) and tighten the heck out of it. The bottle is now squeezed between the two nuts and should never leak. Now you have that eye loop outside the bottle to attach a chain or wire onto.

Last edited:
Hi

I am unable to see the images of your homemade chick waterers. Please would you send me a link or image etc?

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom