I may have an addiction problem...

Letting a broody do all of the work is pure magic. I have brahmas, EEs, barred rocks, leghorn, a penedesenca, a welsummer, and an Americauna. The Americauana has been broody three times, the welsummer once. None of the others have ever been broody.
My friend's cochin went broody about a week after they got four more chicks in quarantine. I would love to watch a hen raise her chicks but alas, I'll probably have to wait for 20 years until I can have my farm that I'm dreaming of. (I'd like to have a commercial farm, but also a part time job I can do from a computer, probably something to do with math)

We're able to have none where we're at, and we've been trying to find a place in the country with not much success....the housing market is crazy rn, just a warning! One guy we contacted had 200 inquiries in just a couple days, and like 60 applicants.

hi from Ohio! What part are you in? I’m west central Ohio. Houses are moving quickly in my area, but not sure there would be 200 inquiries on a single property!

hi from Ohio! What part are you in? I’m west central Ohio. Houses are moving quickly in my area, but not sure there would be 200 inquiries on a single property!
(well we were looking at houses all over Ohio and even in Indiana, I don't remember what part of ohio the house was located in...)

So I have 39 birds. 7 Roos and 28 hens all around 5-6 months and 4 hens at 6-7 weeks.
Never wanted this many but my wife couldn’t stop buying them. I told her no more. And now here I am looking at buff Brahmas and other big chickens to possibly add to my flock.
Is there a chickens anonymous? Lol
wow! That’s my dream flock... I don’t blame your wife chickens are awesome, however most flocks do better in numbers lower than 20 which helps maintain a stable pecking order. nyhow I recommend the Speckled Sussex the friendly and best layer I’ve had

All I can say is Chicken Math is real. And farm stores are like bars and BYC is like your bad friends pressuring you to get just one more ...

30F73858-9B5E-48AC-A50B-2675FB8BE703.jpeg

(found somewhere around the internet ...)

Back
Top Bottom