I messed up my incubation:Help

Quote:
what in the world would make the temp go over 101F ? those bators have thermostats on them to prevent that.. I used to run 8 LG and Hovabators at a time and I never went over .... somebody is doing something wrong...

I am not going to get into your bating me into an argument about your state's temps.. you are not worth getting kicked off the site .

101-102F is the suggested temp for a still air. Pretty much every incubator could be adjusted to that temp. Any of the cheaper bators do not come preset. When you first plug them in it's pretty much guranteed they will read outside 99-102F. I've seen my lg at 108. I had a heck of a time adjusting it since the temp knob is so sensitive and it went over 102 quite frequently. It's one of the main complaints of the lg bators. The hovabators also will go that high easy unless you have something like the preset genesis. Look through the posts on here and you'll see lots of posts by concerned people that have had their incubator spike to beyond even 104F because they didn't adjust it well, readjusted shortly after adding eggs before it had fully reached temp, or kids and other household members playing with the knob. It's not too hard to get an incubator quite hot.

Dunno how you'd get that ticked off or start some bannable argument over simply pointing out that temperatures can vary alot from the weather forecast.
idunno.gif
I think before someone runs off to compare their thermometer to the latest weather channel forecast they should consider how far away that station is and how much temperature can vary especially when considering how accurate incubator thermometers need to be. The temp difference would be even more pronounced if you live near water including just large ponds, at the low end of some hills, or in a heavily forested area. I go hiking enough to know that the temperature difference is noticeable even over a few 100' in certain terrain. Makes it a rather inaccurate way to tell temperature for a lot of people.

Temperature can vary from one part of your yard to another. Air temp over your driveway may be higher than over your grass, a few feet away. Much less from where ever the weather report comes from, to your house.

Back
Top Bottom