I Miss My Chickens..!

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
DH & I took off for a while on Monday. Of course he brought the laptop so he could keep up with business....
smile.png
and I could keep up on BYC.

And after reading about PC and his tragedy about his encounter with MG and the chickens he had to cull...OMG....Since I've been away, I've had bad dreams about my chickens.....and I miss them!

Is this bad? I want to go home and hug my chooks. I want to know they are OK even though I know they are. (my sister is taking care of them, and she's my twin and knows about my animals) I feel like such a ninny for wanting to be home and taking care of them. I enjoy saying good morning to them and asking how they are and throwing a little "crack" they're way - gosh, they get so excited!

I have babies - 12 weeks old now and the big girls too. Gosh I miss them! What makes it worse, the weather has been bad and we're at the beach, cold, cloudy and windy.....we always have fun anyway - no matter! But the chooks have been on my mind!

Just had to let that out.....feel a wee bit better now.
smile.png
Looking forward to seeing them in a few days....

OK here's where the sickness comes in: wherever we went & there was a chicken reference, I'd be like, aww chickens, remember so & so did this or that? DH would be humouring me......
hit.gif
I guess I'm more of a homebody than I thought. Hey, the best little vacations are when you had some fun but can't wait to come home.....
smile.png
D.gif

DH and I recently made the 2700+ mile trip to California and back. All I kept thinking about was the houses and towns along the way who had chickens. "I bet that house has chickens, hunny." And I think that I even saw one of the coops from here somewhere on route 40. At least it looked just like it at 75 mph. LOL

I also missed the girls sooooo much. So, when we got there, I started looking for chicks to buy along the way home. DH did not want to detour so I found a feed store in Vista, CA that had Silkies and bought 4. That was a fun trip home with 4 rowdy 4 wo's but they did great. And I didn't miss my girls as much. Well....not until we were about 2 hrs from home and then I couldn't wait to see and hold them.

My DD (15 yo) met us at the door with the look of "did you bring me anything???" I handed her the tub with the silkies. Now mind you, my DD took care of all the critters while we were gone and I think that she had her fill of chickens. She was much happier when we gave her the real gifts. But she does love the little ones too.

Enjoy your get-away.

DBF and I will drive across town and if we see a house that has chickens, we both yell "CHICKENS!!".

Yeah I miss my girls when I'm at work. I'm happiest when I'm with them in my own back yard.

Yesterday I got to see them interact with the resident hummingbird. It was watching them & vice versa. Very charming.

Don't worry: your girls will be happy to see you & DH when you return home.

I know exactly how you feel!
hugs.gif
I was just in New Orleans on a 4 day weekend for my oldest DD's wedding, and was having nightmares about my chickens. I was almost convinced that when I got home my chickens weren't going to be ok. I did go check on them as soon as I got in. Incidentally, everyone was fine. I just worry about them!

Shelly

Understood.....find someone with a cyst to do a quick surgery on...that's what I do, it always gets me through, Luna.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom