1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I miss my dad...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HennysMom, Nov 23, 2008.

1. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

[​IMG] Just missing my daddy terribly tonight - hasnt quite been 3 months since he passed away....

I dont know if this ache will ever go away.

Daddy, I miss you...

Thanks for listening

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I am so sorry you lost him. It never seems to go away. I lost my to granpaps and miss them terribly. Its been years though [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Oh hunny I am so sorry, it has been 21 years this Dec 29th that my Daddy went home. I still miss him really bad.

The missing never goes away but it gets different.

Hugs to you.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I will tell you something: I lost my grandpa when I was ten and still think about him; my grandma 18 years ago and I still cry about her. It is so hard to lose a family member that close. Parents and grandparents are so special to us all, and it really hurts to lose them. I know what you are feeling and I [​IMG] you. I hope you have a good night tonight.

5. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I'm sorry for your loss.

My father-in-law passed two years ago. But, it seems like only months. My DH still misses him greatly. And, just last night, my 5 yr old started crying out of the blue, because she missed her peepaw.

I don't think that ache ever goes away, I think it just eases with time.

I hope you feel a little better in the morning!!

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'm so very sorry. [​IMG]

7. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I am sorry you are in pain today. I totally understand your grief. I lost my dad in 1987 (I was 15) and my mom in 2001 (I was 28). I am not sure the pain gets any better, but you will start remembering the good times more then the pain you feel from losing them one day. However the grief will alway creep up on you during the holidays. I still have a hard time being happy at family gathering, when I feel so alone inside. Take comfort in the fact that one day you will see your dad again, thats what makes me feel better most of the time.

8. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

thank you..everyone. I just feel so lost without him. I know it will get easier with time - just tonight just seems...very lonely without him. I wish I could have one more minute with him to tell him how much I love him ya know?

Dont you wish Santa was real sometimes and could really grant those wishes... ha - to be that naive and a kid again huh?

I"m sorry for everyone elses of your losses too - I know I'm not the only one, sorry to blubber on here. ((( to all )))

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh goodness, don't be sorry! We have all blubbered on to one person or another. We all understand. It's ok, that's why we are here answering you. It IS ok, and we DO understand. Cry, throw things, get a blanket, watch a good movie.

10. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I lost my father twice. About a year before he passed he knew I was family to him he just wasn't sure where I fit in. When he passed in May of 07 it was a sad blessing. I have one brother who refuses to talk about of father, while I am constantly bringing him up in conversation with my mother. I have found that by talking about the things that happened in our lives keeps him with us and I think that has made it easier for my mother. I'm sad that my father is gone, but I'm happy that we are able to keep him with us. Time doesn't lessen the loss but it does make it easier and I know that he is waiting for us just inside heaven's gate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by