I moved them outside nervous for the night

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
I just moved my 5, 7.5 week old chicks outside into their run with the hutch. They have no netting overhead but they do have a crawl space that a hawk cant get into. I am pretty sure the hutch is predator proof. I will put a sheet over it tonight to make sure coons or weasels don't get in. My grandma also got me some spray to put around the coop and the animals don't like it. I already had to get rid of a snake that could be a potential threat to my chicks after I read the post by the lady whos chicks got eaten. Very nervous. they should be fine though.

All lived and nothing got them! They werenhappy to see me when I brought them 6 juicy worms for breakfast. They don't even eat the chick starter they forage!

Ticks,

I put mine outside for the first time yesterday -- they are 8 weeks old, maybe 8 1/2 weeks since I got them from the feed store 8 weeks ago on Friday. They spent the day foraging and would only eat the commercial feed when I went out there. Obviously they associate me with food!

Mine also survivied the night and the very hot day yesterday. Of course, I went out at 6:30 am to check on them.

What is the spray that you used that worked for the snake???
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom