I must be crazy.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Lu King, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Lu King

Lu King Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2008
    On the Titanic
    I used to live with my mother on a farm. She raised chickens and cattle. At that time I thought a chicken was something you eat, and also had the eggs. Chickens were nothing special, but I loved the cows and calves.

About one and a half months ago, I brought 75 chickens. They are doing great. Cute little things too.

Well, today, I was offered anywhere from one to twelve Spanish Black Bronze Turkey chicks for $8.00 each...unless I wanted all twelve, then the price was $6.00 each.

Should I or should I not buy a turkey or two or all of them? Is $8.00 a good price. Will they be okay with my precious little chicks? What are the good and bad points on this particular turkey.

My husband thinks I am crazy. He just doesn't understand. [​IMG]

2. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Youd have better luck posting this in the other poultry section a couple lines above this section...this section is for the buying and selling of birds/eggs. I dont know the answer to your question, but someone there will.

3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Are they Black Spanish or Bronze poults? They are two distinct breeds, so they may be selling a cross. $8 for purebreds isn't a great deal, but it isn't dreadful. I wouldn't pay it for a cross, since you can get purebreds for the same price, possibly less.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by