I must be getting popular with the cops...

Quote:
I totally agree with you on that. I am always discreet when out in public but I felt that I didnt need to worry about dressing for others when I was just enjoying a sunny day on my property.

That's what I was thinking - you can dress like a female fred flinstone with battle axes on your own property. Someone probably drove by and saw something that didn't really happen. And face it, Goat, some cops are just on a power trip and rude to everyone. You probably got the nice side of that guy.

Quote:
Prolly, He seemed happier when he was dealing with my licking pup than with me . He might just be one of those types that is big on animal abuse but doesnt like people.
idunno.gif

lau.gif

I hate rude cops. My dad has been a detective for almost 24 years now, so I've met a lot of them...and I've heard a lot of stories too. For some reason a lot of cops get it into their head that they are just better than everybody else. I am also an EMT, so I encounter it a lot there too.

There's no reason for rudeness. Just because they may be a cop and can enforce the law doesn't give them any right to be rude to others. If I ever encountered that, whether it be on an ambulance call or if I get pulled over, I would most definitely say something. Luckily I've never had to...yet.

There is never any excuse for rudeness on the part of anybody, regardless of the situation. Unfortunately, we have become a society were it is common place and acceptable. Common manners and decency have been thrown out the window.

Goat - I would call the local station and ask to speak to the day watch commander and express your concerns about how the officer talked to you. That you felt his attitude towards you was rude and discourteous. If you have that many yotes hanging around your place, I wouldn't go anywhere on the property without at least a pistol strapped to me.

If you know it was the neighbor's BIL, then I would talk to them and ask them to talk to the BIL.

Writer, if you were badly treated at WalMart, call 1-800-Walmart and register a complaint. Tell them you want it to go to the President of the company. On your store reciept will be the store number. This will cause a letter to be generated to the Store and District managers. The store manager will have until sundown of that day to resolve the issue and report back to the president the resolution. If a store gets too many Letters to The President it affects the management teams bonuses. It can also mean that the management team will be transferred or terminated. And the same holds true for the DM, if he gets to many LTP's on his/her stores he gets yanked.

You can also go to WalMart.Com and register the complaint and have it sent to the President.

A lot of law enforcement personel have overbearing, over-reaching attitudes and I treat them the same as any other person who acted overbearing and over-reaching. I have gone way past rude back to some officers, including tossing an engraved silver pen way up into the landscaping after using it to sign a ticket, telling one I hope he dies in a fire and to pick a different line or work, etc etc etc... I used to cower and just shut up and do whatever they say, but as I get older and wiser and they get younger and stupider, I get less and less willing to feed their ridiculous egos and complete lack of willingness to follow the laws they are paid, sworn and bound to uphold themselves. Ta heck with rude cops, they get a Patty Special tune-up any time they run outta whack around me.

Around here, you'd probably have swat called on you and then be hosed down by the police. LOL

I like to drive up to cops and ask them the types of guns they carry. Must look innocent. :p

We used to have a very strong Labrador Retriever, she'd begun to get agressive, and this particular day I took her out for a walk (this was before she was put down because she was red flagged at EVERY vet for being a biter). She lunged at a neighbour and I shanked her with the choke chain back down otherwise the neighbour would be toast lol.

Later on the Humane Society calls round at the house, saying that a neighbour said we were beating our dog in the street! ... We loved that dog, but she'd lost her mind and couldn't be controlled. After having NO success in finding a rescue for her to go to because of her reputation, we took her to the vet and had her euthanized.

We had her cremated and kept her ashes. I cannot believe the nerve of some people, we've been reported MANY times and every single time was just a spiteful neighbour.

Back
Top Bottom