I must be ill - I just bought 10 MORE chicks this morning!

Kelly G

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Tampa (Wesley Chapel), Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Last Thursday (Feb19) I got my shipment of 16 chicks from Ideal...and I was thrilled! They are perfect! I immediately placed my order for 10 more (which I wish I'd done with the first order!) and they advised me they would ship on April 15. That was going to mean that my chicks were going to be 8 weeks apart and difficult to integrate - as much trouble as integrating any adult group of chickens. BOOO!!!! I did not want that headache!

So, today, my feed store had some lovely RIR chicks - and 10 of them came home with me
lol.png
! They are just one week younger than the chicks I just got from Ideal - but the size difference is startling!

Anyway, they are all together in the "nursery" and everyone is getting along just fine! I'm thrilled!

What is the age in which "prejudices" kick in? At what age do chicks become suspicious of new introductions?

Oh, I will have hatchlings about four weeks apart. you think they can go together? That would be a GREAT relief.... so I dont have to get two brooders...waterers...feeders....lights.....etc,etc,etc....

Last week I went to the feed store and came home with 5 chicks, went back 3 days later and got 4 more..............went back today and got 6 more!!!!!!! These are a week younger. Everyone seems to be getting along great, but, you are so correct about the startling size difference. They are all very cute. Two are very small and a little slow, not sure about them, but I couldn't leave them being jostled around by all of the other ones, they were just too small and toooo cute. We'll see. Good luck with yours!!

Gotta run to WalMart...will pass the feedstore on the way back....I might stop in and JUST LOOK at the peeps...test my discipline...will let y'all know how it goes...

For five days I have been trying to work up the courage to go to the feed store to look for some sort of trays for my incubator but haven't be successful. I know that they got their chick shipment in, and don't know if I have the will power.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom