I need a better turkey feeder

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
At the moment I use a 30 lbs hanging feeder and never had any issues with alot of wasted feed. I've recently added 3 bourbon hens and now I keep finding piles of food dumped from the feeder. I use a rubbermaid container for my chickens with the 90° elbows that go in they can stick their heads in and eat and nothings wasted. Will turkeys use these like chickens. I know wild turkeys like to keep and eye out when eating wasn't sure if a caged one would stick its head in a hole.

At the moment I use a 30 lbs hanging feeder and never had any issues with alot of wasted feed. I've recently added 3 bourbon hens and now I keep finding piles of food dumped from the feeder. I use a rubbermaid container for my chickens with the 90° elbows that go in they can stick their heads in and eat and nothings wasted. Will turkeys use these like chickens. I know wild turkeys like to keep and eye out when eating wasn't sure if a caged one would stick its head in a hole.
Probably but I am sure the turkeys will still be able to scatter the feed out. My guineas have no problem knocking feed out of such feeders.

My turkeys use a PVC elbow feeder that goes into a 5 gallon bucket. I don't think they mind sticking their head in a hole. Even wild turkeys will steal food from it. They manage to spill some feed out but it's not a lot.

Back
Top Bottom