I need a hug :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shelleyd2008, Dec 30, 2008.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I got my eggs from Dipsey today, rather, the eggs arrived today. I wasn't home when the mailman came, but it was nice out, so I figured they would be okay. Well, they would have been, if the stupid mailman would do his job!!! He put the eggs in a bag and tied the bag to the mailbox. Someone had come along, cut the bag off the box, and stole my eggs!! I found the box and the packing materials, plus the rest of the bag, about half a mile down the road. So someone is going to have an expensive breakfast in the morning, as there were no eggs in sight.

Now I get to call the postmaster in the morning, get that stupid carrier fired, and get them to reimburse me the price of the eggs AND the shipping. I filed a report with the police station, so if the P.O. doesn't go along nicely, I get to go to the county attorney's office.

Freaking people, the dang box was marked 'perishable' and 'fertile eggs for hatching', why didn't they just put them back? We sell eating eggs for $1, they could have come and got them, if they needed eggs that badly! Heck, my dad gives most of his eggs away!

2. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't believe someone would take hatching eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I would be very unhappy, too.
    [​IMG]

4. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Well, you'd think in this day and age the MM would know better than to do something so stupid. Ya can't trust ppl. Sorry............[​IMG]

5. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

What about putting out a fake package tomorrow and catch them red-handed on camera?

*edited for language bypass*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] What??? OMG, you do need a [​IMG] . Dang people! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    what IS wrong with people today!...sorry this happend...jerks!...[​IMG]...hugs for you shelley...

8. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    So sorry to hear about your eggs! And from DDD, too! Rats.

I give my mail lady cards and treats over the holidays, and we always get gooood service. She gets out of the car and brings our packages up to the porch and hides them behind the railing ~ then leaves a note in the mailbox. [​IMG]

So . . . do you think they were et, or do you have a hatchaholic living near you?? :eek:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  9. Big Red's Mom

Big Red's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Terry, Mississippi
    [​IMG] People just kill me. I am so sorry for your loss. I know you had been looking forward to getting them started.
    They will get whats coming to them one day....[​IMG]

10. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Next time why not write a short note a few days before and let him know that your expecting an IMPORTANT pkg. and would appreciate it if he would put it by your door.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by