I need a little bit of help

Chicks in VA

Bantams are the best👍😁
Mar 27, 2021
take a guess
What coop is better for raising chicks in and being a breeding pen

Giga Outdoor Wooden Chicken Coop Multi-Level Hen House, Poultry Cage , Nesting Box, Wire Fence, Wood color, MSH-565423, 59x27x36 inch​

OR

PawHut 59" Small Solid Wood Enclosed Outdoor Backyard Chicken Coop Kit with Nesting Box​

Thanks these two coops are on amazon

What coop is better for raising chicks in and being a breeding pen

Giga Outdoor Wooden Chicken Coop Multi-Level Hen House, Poultry Cage , Nesting Box, Wire Fence, Wood color, MSH-565423, 59x27x36 inch​

OR

PawHut 59" Small Solid Wood Enclosed Outdoor Backyard Chicken Coop Kit with Nesting Box​

Thanks these two coops are on amazon
Can you provide links please?

Unfortunately, no Amazon coop is going to be worth any money if you want to use it as a main chicken coop. As a breeding pen/brooder, its not a bad idea. I was considering the same option. How many birds do you plan on having in each coop?
Based on the dimensions in your first post, its not very big. 59" is only 4ft, maybe closer to 5ft. 27" is only slightly more than 2ft. Thats only 8 sq. ft minimum. You want 10 sq. ft of run space per bird. If those dimensions are correct, thats not enough enough space for 1 adult bird. Maybe as a brooder for chicks, but you could still only fit 2-3 chicks comfortably in that space.
Not sure how big the second one is, but you do have to watch your sizing.

ok so if i was breeding it would be 2 maybe 3 if it was chicks, it would be 10 to 30 and they would be free ranging on 18 acers, and I will get the links, if they were breeding that's where they would stay for a week or so

Last edited:
For a chick brooder, for a smaller number of chicks, maybe you can get a rabbit hutch or something similar in style and modify it? Having a side door with open ventilation and then a smaller draft protected area works well for acclimating chicks to outside temps and to an older flock.

Back
Top Bottom