I need a surefire way to catch a bobcat!

Kim the tractor supply store coon size live traps (wire) will work unless he's a real big cat. There around 30 bucks and many folks have them so you may be able to track someone down who has one you could borrow. Cats don't seem to tear up a wire live trap like some big coons will. hanging a group of feathers like a wing from a duck or chicken your butchering or a turkey road kill, etc will work well though in some states the use of a natural visual attractant is strictly prohibited. Cat's like a visual attractent and can be steared off thier travel path by visual attractants and then brought the rest of the way with bait and lure. Good luck keystonepaul

Sorry to hear about you bird. I hope it makes a full recovery.

Lucky I don't have bobcat in my area but I do have some of the biggest meanest coons. I also know that mink are in my area.

Are you able to use snares? They are very cheap and you can place them on game trails where the bobcat frequents. Another option is placing live bait (mouse or bird) in a cage that predators cannot get into. Surround this cage with traps or snares. The sounds and movement from the animal might be too much for the cat to resist. You just have to be careful it cannot access the bait.

Using multiple traps like this is the only way I can catch the coons in my area. They come at night to steal feed, and learned to either step over the trap, or actually flip them over and disarm them. So I placed one trap in front of the food dish, and one right inside the dish. They would step over the first one, and hit the second one.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom