I need advice

Here are some updated pictures of the injury now, Thank you guys again for all the help and advice. Im sure Peggy appreciates it too.
Is the bottom chewed up too? chewed i am meaning cut up? That looks alot better than the first pics. Maybe just leave it alone other than treating for infection. Lets see what others think. He may eat his feed very soupy with warm water in it. Also adding a touch of ACV with mother to his drinking water can help with healing and kill off some bad bacteria and at 1 Tab per gallon of water it does not sting.

Is the bottom chewed up too? chewed i am meaning cut up? That looks alot better than the first pics. Maybe just leave it alone other than treating for infection. Lets see what others think. He may eat his feed very soupy with warm water in it. Also adding a touch of ACV with mother to his drinking water can help with healing and kill off some bad bacteria and at 1 Tab per gallon of water it does not sting.
The bottom is intact with no issues, I believe it is the angle of the picture. I am planning on getting him a deeper dish so he can dip his bill a bit easier to get access to his food and water. I will definitely put a table spoon of ACV in a gallon for him. Thank you again.

Hello everyone! Peggy has been resting for most of the day as he seems pretty tired. However, he has been eating more often as well as drinking water. The beak has started to show initial signs of scabbing. I did the Apple Cider Vinegar trick int he water and he did not seem to notice which was great! Will post more pictures tomorrow as I don't want my flash to disturb him. Thank you all so much for your help so far!

One more question, Im starting to worry about him shaking his head after drinking water, I think he is not used to the injury but sometimes he will shake very vigorously and bump his beak on something.

Maybe the cold sensation of the water on his injured bill try warmish water and see if that helps. When my gander punchered his bill I used the ACV in his bucket and he healed. I know he would have healed anyway but I did think the ACV does have healing properties.

This morning I went off to work and the gardeners of my apartment complex were doing their job. I came back home around 6 to find my duck gone. I found him in the back corner of the lake. With his upper beak split open.
Question…were you able to talk to your apartment manager about this? Or the gardeners themselves? I personally would have some choice words for them…

Having used a string trimmer plenty of times, it’s hard to believe this wasn’t intentional.

Not sure what action, if any, would be appropriate but I personally would be calling the company and making a report of the incident.

Question…were you able to talk to your apartment manager about this? Or the gardeners themselves? I personally would have some choice words for them…

Having used a string trimmer plenty of times, it’s hard to believe this wasn’t intentional.

Not sure what action, if any, would be appropriate but I personally would be calling the company and making a report of the incident.
Oh my, I’m so sorry about your duck but glad that he is healing! I agree with this post: I don’t see how someone could do that to a duck with a string trimmer accidentally.

Back
Top Bottom