I NEED CHICKEN NAMES FAST!!

Some of my birds have named themselves with behavior or other characteristics, others have been given names based on their band color.

There are a lot of color names in various languages for both males and females. There are even historic period names. My Dominiques are named using names that were found in rural areas in the early 20th Century.

For example:

blue - Columbine
green - Ivy
lavender - Violet
pink - Rose
orange - Daisy

Hope this helps.

We had Isa Browns: Ginger, Honey and Mustard o(nly Ginger left...6 years old - retired) Roosters appear easier to name...after observing personalities: Silver Boy, Duke (and Duchess)
Luigi (Spanish) Fluffy Bums (Chinese Pekins) . Bantam: Chad (Country and Western singer here) son of Chad. Best Rooster (husband and father) Roger (as in Federer) and Son of Roger.

Runner Duck (lover boy type) Valentino. Huge Emden Gander Sgt Schultz...marches his ladies up and down the verandah ramp!
Watch them, then name them...enjoy! Greetings from Australia.

Honey (for a yellow looking one.) and Cutie
D.gif

Heyyy I'l try to help!
Idont mean to be annoying but as a native spanish speaker I must say first of all since Hens are female I would call her "hermosa" instead of hermoso because the second one is for males. Paco is also a males', name or nickname, usually used for guys who are called Francisco. No idea it could mean free, don't really think so but maybe as slang in some spanish speaking countries, But if you're ok with them having guys names go right ahead!!!! :)
I personally like really old Ladies names, think of what your great grandma and Her mom where called, hahahah. I'll give you the names of mine, you can use them if you like them off course. THey're in spanish:

Clotilde, (a favorite for hens, dunno exactly why when people hear it they say, it's perfect!) small variation: Clota
Elvira (pronounce it as in spanish : El-vee-rah ;) that would make it cooler and less like that scary/sexy girl from tv)
Florinda
Teo (short for Teodosia great great great grandmas name lol)
Paulina
COrina
Faustina

Hope this helps!!! good luck with your new flock!!!

Last edited:
Abert..Arnie...bernie...buzz becky beaky booboo...charlie carlton cutie...doreen.. dolly drumstick (lol) earnie ..elley fuzzy flash floosie george grumpy hyacinth happy hoppy humpy isla jack jumpy jigger kaily kialiegh katie. lozzy lucky mucky molly nicky nora opera oggy polly petra queenie rosy rusty rebbeca stuart shiela spotty shorty trigger trampas treckie una victor vicky william wanda whizz xray yolland yokey yorky Ziggy... Zag.....Zola zelda..hope u find something out of thos lol.xx

Where did you get the cute little white chicken flapping her wings from? Is there an app for that? Can you send me a link to check it out?

Back
Top Bottom