I need expert opinions from Photographers

theoldchick

The Chicken Whisperer
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
May 11, 2010
I've managed to recycle $1,000 worth of scrap metal and want to purchase the best digital camera in that price range. You've seen the type of photos I take (or attempt to take). What would you recommend for me?

I have a Canon Rebel T3i and would recommend it to anybody. A few months ago, a coworker that i was showing it to ended up ordering one online the next day! I just checked and it's selling for about $700 online, with the basic 18-55mm lens. Cheaper than when I bought it this summer.
hmm.png
When you really get to be a serious amateur, or professional, the most expensive part of the hardware are the lenses! My two telephotos were over $1000, each.

Thanks for the info. I've looked into that model and am glad you told me your personal opinion. Yeah, I know about those costly lens as I have a few from my Minolta my Mother gave me when I graduated high school in the late 70's. Loved that camera!

I have Canons too, but the 7d. It is a "tad" more than your scrap but a much nice camera than the rebel. But you should go to a couple of stores and hold the Canons and Nikons in your hands close your eyes and see how they feel. Some people like their camera a bit bigger and others prefer a bit smaller.

And I would stick with those two brands. (sorry to all my friends with the other camera brand)

I've been checking out the Nikon model, too! I've been doing alot of research, and sister, I'd love to get the higher end model, but at this time I'll have to stick with the thousand dollar restriction.

Thanks for the reply!

DH has a Rebel. They had like a 14mp on ebay (new) a few weeks ago for like $700. range.
If you can wait, go into the "deals" section there, it's all new from certified sellers, includes shipping.
I did alot of shopping there last month.
And the prices keep going down on the Rebel, not because it's crappy, they just keep making the newer ones better.
Highly recommend it!

You are better off spending more on the glass than on the camera body. If you can buy a really nice lens and 'last years" model camera body you might find that it is the best deal and in the budget.

Back
Top Bottom