I need help!!! 20-21 days egg

Mizael

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2020
Hello everyone. Recently I "saved" a fertilized chicken egg and the chick successfully survived 6 days in a homemade incubator. I tried to gently candle it this morning since it's on day 20-21 and the chick is not moving at all, while yesterday he was very lively. I tried to check on him carefully everyday and everything was fine until today. I really don't know what to do since it's my first experience ever. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you

Hi there. It could be getting ready to hatch, or sleeping. Don't turn or candle and get your humidity up and see if it hatches. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the answer. I'm not sure since I saw he still did not break the air sack. I'm so worried he died... I'm trying to keep the humidity high right now
Be patient, I know how hard that can be :hugs It could be another day or two before it hatches and could take more than 24 hours to finish. I sometimes play chick sounds from youtube on my phone for mine while they pip and zip. Can't say it really helps but it makes me feel good anyway lol.

Be patient, I know how hard that can be :hugs It could be another day or two before it hatches and could take more than 24 hours to finish. I sometimes play chick sounds from youtube on my phone for mine while they pip and zip. Can't say it really helps but it makes me feel good anyway lol.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.
I'll keep you updated...

No, I unfortunately don't... But as soon as he's up and strong I'll take him to a friend who raises chicken and chicks. I hope he will be fine...

Back
Top Bottom