I need help..AGAIN, with these silkies..please!!!UPDATE::PICS

My son and I have posted No Tresspassing signs from one end to the other of the property...all in plain view. I dont want to "sell" these poor birds....I just want them to have forever homes...and be safe. As a rescue...thats not liscenced as of yet...we want to try and check out where the animals will go, and how they will be housed. I trust everyone...to a fault I guess...but I know the BYC family here will be great families for them. We are all alike here, we LOVE our feathered kids! I cant put them under lock and key...but will try to get electric fencing...like someone sugested..and try to deter her from getting into the pens when I am not home. One a good note, I have a NASTY RIR Roo....who WILL attack ANYONE if I am not out there, and he free ranges! LOL GO get em BURBON!! LOL

Let me get this straight: The dirty chicken lady gives these chickens to you, and then wants to bring someone over to sell them? She sounds like a total psycho.

She gave them to you, so they are yours to do with as you see fit.

I would call animal control, ASPA, or whoever you report animal abuse to and report her sorry dirty chicken butt to them.

She walks on your property, call the police. You get home and the chickens are missing, call the police and report her.

I have a feeling if you get the authorities involved, she will leave you alone.

What nerve she has; you try to help her out and this is how she thanks you. It's true; no good deed goes unpunished.

What a mess. This woman really has some issues. I can only advise that youexplain how much work and $$$ you have put in to them so far and she will have to pay to get them back.
Good luck, you truly do not deserve this aggravation.

Quote:
Chell....thats exactly right. She wanted me to rescue them, now, she knows they are getting better, and SHE wants to sell them. CRAZY!!
"no good deed goes unpunished" I feel like that.....Maybe its a test of my endurance??? I dont know....but I DO know...she WONT get them back!!! I will cull them before I let them go back to her, and suffer any more!!!

Tell her it was your understanding that she was giving the animals to you. In order to return them to her, you'll have to provide her with an itemized bill from the veterinarian for all the medication and special equipment (clippers, gauze, lotions, etc.) you've had to get for them in order to try to get them well. When she reimburses you for all the bills, then she can have them back.

Then give her a bill. She's looking at you as a place to hoard extra animals, you see. If she's continues to be difficult, mention animal control or other authorities, whether you intend to go to them or not. Honestly, sometimes local law enforcement like police officers can help with abused animals, too.

Problem is, that's more or less dooming the other animals in her care to be in her care forever... or until they die. However, you can't abandon the ones you're trying to save!

This woman is very sick. At this point, she really does need to have the authorities called on her.

You might also add to get her to leave you alone that the vet (or just the authorities) were so appalled at the condition of the birds, and particularly of Stubbs, that they're starting an investigation, so you'd advise her not to be seen coming to your property anymore... you told the investigators you couldn't remember the address of the place you got them from...

(Just another idea...)

Great suggestion from Windy:
:were so appalled at the condition of the birds, and particularly of Stubbs, that they're starting an investigation, so you'd advise her not to be seen coming to your property anymore...
I really think this will get into her psyche.
Be careful with her, if she is a bit thick she could attempt all sorts of things.
I hope she leaves you alone!

This is unbelievable! If I had the space, I would take a couple, even if it was just for a little bit. If you need help shipping birds out, let me know and I can try and help.

I think Windy made a good suggestion... and I would definitely add 'boarding' costs to the bill to inflate it a little more. I think the threat of an investigation would be enough to deter her from coming after YOUR birds.

Keep us posted!!!

Although this may sound nuts since she sounds nuts....

...but talk to her. Let her know that you have put time and money into the birds she gave you and you will gladly pass them back to her if she reimburses you your time and cost. Write up an itemized receipt for her (if course, it will be more than she plans on charging to sell them) and Im pretty sure you wont hear from her again.

Who knows, maybe she thinks she is helping you by getting them off your hands. Hopefully it is just a communication misunderstanding---otherwise she is certifiable~
lol.png

Last edited:
I would call the authorities. I would have copies of the documentation of the condition of the birds and everything you have done to help them. She should be charged with animal cruelty. Maybe you personally can't stop her but the law can. Get the humain society and the local shelter and any other group you can contact on the case.

Back
Top Bottom