I need help again.

Zilski12

In the Brooder
May 16, 2020
So sorry. I feel like I’m the problem child. So one of my silkies hatched. She had what looked like wry neck. Couldn’t stand up or lift neck and kept rolling like a top. I have been giving her vitamin e, eggs and spinach. Today she is still on her side I know it can take a little bit. But she is constantly crying. Now she has a clicking when she breathes. I really want her to survive am I doing anything wrong?

So sorry. I feel like I’m the problem child. So one of my silkies hatched. She had what looked like wry neck. Couldn’t stand up or lift neck and kept rolling like a top. I have been giving her vitamin e, eggs and spinach. Today she is still on her side I know it can take a little bit. But she is constantly crying. Now she has a clicking when she breathes. I really want her to survive am I doing anything wrong?
I am sorry, I don't know? I would post this in
Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures!

You aren't doing anything wrong. Vitamin E is the treatment for the contortions you describe this chick as having. However, well beyond your control are likely genetic issues that will be a huge challenge for this chick.

Increase the vitamin E, perhaps a sliver of selenium to better help absorb it, and Poultry Nutri-drench for a big mainline shot of nutrients.

Warm sugar water will elevate its glucose and give it an extra shot of energy that may put it over the hurdle.

Back
Top Bottom