I need help choosing... Coronation Sussex or Silkies?

Quote:
Moe the BLRW looks like a peanut next to them. And they're still months away from maturity!

They're so close in type too. It's not easy to tell the roos apart, or the pullets for that matter. I can tell the 2 lights apart. Their tails differ slightly.

We know exactly what you mean it is amazing! That is why our Giants are gone - they were shrimps!

Stop it you guys!!

I don't know if I want to ADD another breed on my list!
tongue.png

How come our Americanized Sussex birds looks rather pruny than yours from Greenfire (or the other imported ones)??? Have we lost our way back then?

Now I gotta think about getting some Coronation Sussex.................or maybe not! I would not mind a pair of pullets for eye candy! But the beauty of a roo really outclass themselves!

Maybe I have to wait a bit for you BYCers to start getting some hatching eggs!

Oh a couple of questions

Can you send me pic of their eggs? I would like to see the color of eggs (for eating eggs and assortments!)

How well do they lay?

For 4H kids, are these accepted in the APA sanctioned shows?

Here are some pictures of the eggs form our first year layers -

DSCI1179.jpg

They do lay good - the average is around 220 per year - they do go in spurts though.

Thanks! Those are lovely LARGE eggs! Tint or light brown tan in color.

With Spitzhaubens, Welsummers LF & BF projects in hand, do I need a Coronation Sussex in that mix?
cool.png

Well, I love my Speckled Sussex and when the day comes, maybe I can get some coronation sussex eggs from BYC'ers I'l love them.....But I'm so satisfied with my speckled sussex and happy with their temperament, looks and eggs and everything....

I don't want to be a hijacker....but here's some of them:

8875_mahonrisussex.jpg

8875_speckled_sussex.jpg

8875_sussex.jpg

Last one is a hatched one belonging to Mahonri. Silkies, I've only hatched one and gave it to a friend who has them...

So I vote Sussex!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom